Breakfast Dumbarton Scotland
DumbartonIs a Royal Burgh (town) in western Dunbartonshire, Clydeside, Scotland.
"Dumbarton is an intense concrete sprawl, satisfying every final hellish cliche about post-war planning and architecture" - so says the 1994 version of The harsh help guide to Scotland. But the town does has many attractions, particularly the castle, that will be on a districtive slope like Edinburgh and Stirling castles. The Denny Tank Museum normally worth a trip, but there is however maybe not a lot to be seen when you look at the contemporary town centre. The town could possibly be comfortably explored as every day trip from Glasgow.
The people is just over 20, 000. You've probably seen the city on BBC television in Scotland due to the fact ready when it comes to soap River City. Whisky blending and bonded storage is a major business when you look at the city. The bonded warehouses is seen as you go into the town through the eastern.
ScotRail  serves the 3 stations in Dumbarton. Typically, there are around four solutions from Glasgow Queen Street section each hour. Dumbarton Central may be the section nearest the city center, and is additionally a calling point for trains serving the West Highland Railway as well as the Caledonian Sleeper to London six nights weekly. Dumbarton East could be the closest section when it comes to palace. Dalreoch is truly limited to fans of 1970 municipal housing.
- Dumbarton Castle, Dumbarton (use the A82 south), +44 1389 732167. It features a castle on top of a rock, overlooking the Firth of Clyde. It absolutely was a significant royal refuge. Historic Scotland information
- Denny Ship Model test Tank  Castle Street, Dumbarton, G82 1QS +44 1389 763 444 A shipyard model test container integrated 1882. Today the main Scottish Maritime Museum, but still made use of occasionally for real examinations. Open Up Mon to Sat 10:00am - 4:00pm Grownups £2.00
- Overtoun House and Gardens
- , 17 high-street, G82 1NF, constructed into an old bank building, the Counting House is a component of a chain that offers pub meals at reasonable prices. Products are often priced likewise and campaigns are frequent on refreshments. Best for eating on a medium spending plan. Remember that this establishment is at-heart a pub, and a quiet meal is not most likely during huge sports activities.
- , 3 traditional, G82 1LF, Named the shipbuilding history of the town (esp. The Cutty Sark tea clipper), The Clipper is a restaurant/pub which offers a wide selection of meals in a variety of designs. A separate food location implies that dinner can certainly still be enjoyed while the pub is hectic.
- Frankie & Benny's, device 1, St James Retail Park, G82 1RB Chain restaurant providing Italian meals. Are a little more costly.
- Dumbuck Hotel, Glasgow Path, Dumbarton.
- Travelodge Dumbarton, A82 Stirling Road Milton, Dumbarton