These workshops, supported by specific involvement with local schools, regional organizations, community groups and an active discussion on our Twitter web page, offered the folks which Live, Perform, spend and Enjoy Balloch the opportunity to put forward ideas and suggestions on how to make the village a level much better spot.
Using this, we've created this report which draws collectively the outcome associated with the Charrette process and sets down some indicative proposals and tips that can move forward to be used by lovers in your area to act as a collective action arrange for the ongoing future of Balloch. It will act as a framework that guarantees development in Balloch works for the village.
7 crucial jobs identified are:
- New use for Balloch Castle and making more of Balloch Park
- Public world improvements on Facility Square – Village Centre
- West Riverside tourism development
- Pier End numerous loch accessibility
- Improved positioning / signage
- Parking administration
- Redevelopment of Woodbank Home
A key part of the Report is the connected Action Arrange, where specific projects are highlighted. Per task, the report identifies the lead body / organization, supporting organisations and options for other individuals to help deliver it. Projects will change in timescales – some are short-term, others medium term and some longterm.
Had been pleased to listen to several early successes following charrette process, including:
- general improvements suggested the look of this stop including flower bedrooms and much needed repainting of railings, and
- installation of 2 modern information panels at crucial locations close to coach section and visitor information center.